It was 1893 in Salt Lake City, Utah, a humble little meat market opened its doors on Main street, offering fresh cut meats to all its customers. The floors were covered with sawdust and deliveries were made around the city by icebox wagons pulled by a team of horses. Every customer was known by name and each order was specifically cut to the desires of the customer. Some things have changed but some things have stayed the same and so it is with Palace Meat Company too.
In 1947 Palace Meat Company was owned by Earnest Roland and was Located at 375 South 200 west (which is currently 300 West) across from Pioneer Park. That same year it was purchased from Mr. Roland by Walter Pace. Walter, or Walt as we called, he had high hopes of growing the humble little meat market into something bigger but without losing that special personal touch paid to each of its customers.